Latex Mattress Guide: Everything You Need to Know
Latex mattress is the latest offer of the mattress industry. Usually, latex is used in conventional spring mattresses as the top layer, but you can often see that latex is used in different mattresses instead of a spring block, and in expensive and exclusive models from different manufacturers.
- Why there was such an interest in latex mattresses?
We reviewed several main reasons of growing interest in latex mattresses. The first and main reason is the desire of people to buy an environmentally friendly mattress. This also includes people who prefer a natural mattress made from high-quality materials, those who prefer mattresses made from renewable materials and those who want to be sure that their mattress does not fill the room with chemical fumes.
And although there are other, not less environmentally friendly materials, such as cotton or wool, none of them has such elasticity and ability to change shape, like latex. Cotton mattresses become clogged and become much more rigid over time. Wool, of course, has great comfort, but such a mattress must be put on something and this requires a good mattress base.
Latex mattresses contain latex – hypoallergenic material that retains heat in winter and cools in summer. Latex mattresses are not afraid of mold and other microorganisms. Its foam fits the body taking its contours, namely latex mattresses are used for therapeutic and orthopedic purposes.
Latex Mattress Buyer Guide
How to choose the best latex mattress?
Based on what we heard from visitors, we identified several main reasons for the increased interest in latex mattresses. The first and main reason is the interest of people in choosing an environmentally friendly mattress. This also includes those who prefer a mattress made from natural materials, those who prefer a mattress made of renewable materials and those who want to be sure that their mattress does not poison the room with chemical fumes.
And although there are other, the same eco-friendly materials such as organic cotton or wool, none of them has such an ability to change shape and possesses such elasticity as latex. Cotton mattresses same way like futon mattresses, become cramped and much more rigid over time. Wool, of course, has great comfort, but it must be put on something and it requires a good base or “core” of the mattress.
Another reason why buyers prefer latex mattresses is hypoallergenic and antibacterial properties and lack of dust mites. These microorganisms do not start in natural latex.
And the last reason that the largest amount of buyers mentioned was the comfort of latex mattresses. Some people suffer pain. Others have tried different mattresses, but still do not get a good sleep.
And yet, despite all the deliberately created misconceptions about latex, it is an excellent choice for many buyers. There is no more environmentally friendly mattress than natural latex mattress. It is the best choice for those who are sensitive to various “chemicals” and other allergens.
But the more important reason why latex mattresses have become so popular is that they are the most comfortable. Latex is very dense material and at the same time, due to its elastic properties, resilient and malleable.
Therefore, for those who cannot get a full night’s sleep or for those who are burdened by constant pain, latex mattress is the best choice, it is comfort and support without any doubt.
What is a latex mattress?
As we have already said, in contrast to spring or foam mattresses, latex is made from the sap of a rubber tree that has undergone special treatment. Which Mattress Material Is Best: Dunlop or Talalay Latex?
The technology is as follows.
Rubber juice foams in a centrifuge, then the mass is poured into molds, sealed and subjected to heating. This is a classic way, called Dunlop. Dunlop technology mattresses are more rigid and consist of one latex block.
Later, a technology called Talalay appeared, in which there are two additional steps. It cannot be said that one material is better than another, the choice depends on the preferences of the buyer. Products made by Talalay technology are softer and more expensive to manufacture. You can be determined only by trying the mattresses “to the touch” with your body. Lie down, feel which one of them has the highest level of comfort for you and choose that one.
How to Choose a Good Latex Mattress?
- Well, this is just a theory, and now I’ll tell you about 7 Basic Points that you need to remember in order to choose a great latex mattress. Remember them, and it will help you get a quality latex mattress.
- I prefer 100% natural latex, not artificial or a mixture of latex – natural latex is more “alive” and “responsive”, it has better elasticity than artificial or a mixture of latex. Natural latex gives the best feeling of comfort. In addition, natural latex is durable, resistant to caking and adapts to the shape of the body. Also, it has other benefits that artificial latex does not have, such as natural protection against dust mites, the absence of pressure sores and mold, hypo-allergenicity and the absence of a “chemical” odor.
- Look for a simple latex mattress design. This will help to further avoid problems associated with the displacement of layers and the movement of the contents inside the mattress. Avoid mattresses with an excessive number of zones or a “trimmed” design.
- If you like the latex mattress by its description, make sure to choose a monolithic block of natural latex by Dunlop (the mattress in no case should not be glued together). Dunlop latex provides excellent support. In addition, be sure to pick up latex pillows that perfectly complement the mattress and make sleep more comfortable.
- Choose a breathable outer mattress cover, preferably from a mixture of wool or cotton, which does not contain chemical flame retardants. In addition, the cover should not be excessively thick or quilted so that you can stay closer to what you were paying for … to latex.
- Buy a mattress in a reputable company that is easily accessible and has unbiased reviews from third parties. Then you can read what other people say who have already purchased a latex mattress from this company. This way, you can avoid many trials and mistakes that those who have spent a lot of money on a mattress are talking about, and then realized that the mattress does not suit them and they have nowhere to handle it.
- Look for a reliable guarantee for at least 10 years with the obligation of complete replacement for at least several years. The seller, who cares about his reputation, agrees to pick up your product. Also, there should be no problems with obtaining a copy of the warranty card.
Gifts and additional options that stimulate the purchase are always encouraging, for example, “free delivery to the door”.
Best Latex Mattresses
Choose a Good Latex Mattress
What can be recommended for comfortable sleep?
Choose Organic Natural Latex Mattress